Doctor of Positive Psychology in Counseling (90 credits)
- DPPC801 Conceptual and Ethical Issues in Counselling Psychology (6 credit)
- DPPC802 Advanced Stress Management Technique (6 credit)
- DPPC803 Systems, Strategies and Skills of Counseling (6 credit)
- DPPC804 Advanced Testing and Assessment in Counseling Psychology (6 credit)
- DPPC805 Mental Health at Work (6 credit)
- DPPC806 Advanced Research Methodology and Design (6 credit)
- DPPC820 Thesis (54 credits)
- DHSM800 Practicum (600 hours)
Mode: Distance Learning
Duration: 1-2 Years
Upon finishing the 6 core modules, students will be progress to their second stage of the program, Research. Each student will be assigned a supervisor, after the research methodology sessions, students are required to keep contact with his supervisor while writing their thesis.
After finishing the program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the the role and responsibilities, ethic codes of counselors
- Understand anxiety and depression from biopsychosocial perspectives
- Demonstrate reasons of Stress formation and how to de-stress
- Demonstrate the relationship between health, anxiety and depression
- Demonstrate the flow, systems, strategies in Counseling
- Master the skills of giving help and counseling
- Understand the general issues in Testing and Assessment in Counseling Psychology and Clinical Psychology
Exemptions by RPL
- Holders of Master degree/ Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent qualifications in this field , can directly enter the second stage; OR
- Applicants with more than 8 years industry experience, with management experience of at least 3 years, can be considered for exemptions of stage 1;
- Course works for 10 modules
- Thesis (minimum 25000 words)
- Practicum : 600 hours
- Master Degree holders or equivalent qualifications related to Healthcare and Wellness Topics; OR
- Master Degree holders in other majors, having at least 5 years of industry experience
* Applicants who do not meet the academic requirement but who possess sufficient professional experience in the Healthcare and Wellness field may be admitted provisionally into the program.
* Please send your full resume and previous qualifications to us at email@example.com, applications are reviewed by our Academic Manager throughout the year.
Student may start the Practicum upon finishing the stage 1 study. The aim of this experience is to provide graduate students in Counseling with an opportunity to apply the professional knowledge they have gained in their previous study to a professional setting. In addition to participating in the daily operation of the site, students are required to return the evaluation form signed by the practicum site.
*We accept adult learners with industry experience to apply for the exemption of Practicum, by submitting one letter to state your experience, job description and recommendation by the organization.