Doctor of Healthcare and Stress Management (90 credits)
- DHSM801 Advanced Mental Health at Work (6 credit)
- DHSM802 Advanced Care Skills (6 credit)
- DHSM803 Infection Prevention and Control (6 credit)
- DHSM804 Behavior and Health (6 credit)
- DHSM805 Advanced Stress Management Technique (6 credit)
- DHSM806 Advanced Research Methodology and Design (6 credit)
- DHSM820 Thesis (54 credits)
- DHSM800 Practicum (120 hours)
Mode: Distance Learning
Duration: 1-2 Years
Upon finishing the 6 core modules, students will be progress to their second stage of the program, Research. Each student will be assigned a supervisor, after the research methodology sessions, students are required to keep contact with his supervisor while writing their thesis.
After finishing the program, students should be able to:
- Understand anxiety and depression from biopsychosocial perspectives
- Understand the skills of Infection Prevention
- Discuss contemporary issues in mental health science related to anxiety and depression
- Understand the practical techniques in giving care and de-stress
- Understand the reason why emotional resilience is important in healthcare sector/social work practice and what kind of skills and strategies are involved
- Explore the support that social workers can expect from their managers, and how to get the best out of supervision
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the skills and qualities involved in healthcare professional leadership
Exemptions by RPL
- Holders of Master degree/ Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent qualifications in this field , can directly enter the second stage; OR
- Applicants with more than 8 years industry experience, with management experience of at least 3 years, can be considered for exemptions of stage 1;
- Course works for 10 modules
- Thesis (minimum 20000 words)
- Practicum : 120 hours, and one written report (minimum 5000 words)
- Master Degree holders or equivalent qualifications related to Healthcare and Wellness Topics; OR
- Master Degree holders in other majors, having at least 5 years of industry experience
* Applicants who do not meet the academic requirement but who possess sufficient professional experience in the Healthcare and Wellness field may be admitted provisionally into the program.
* Please send your full resume and previous qualifications to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, applications are reviewed by our Academic Manager throughout the year.
Student may start the Practicum upon finishing the stage 1 study. The aim of this experience is to provide graduate students in Healthcare Promotion and Wellness Management with an opportunity to apply the professional knowledge they have gained in their previous study to a professional setting. In addition to participating in the daily operation of the site, student will submit a document that describes the learning experience, (5000 words) and required to return the evaluation form signed by the practicum site.
* We accept adult learners with industry experience to apply for the exemption of Practicum, by submitting one letter to state your experience, job description and recommendation by the organization. But student still need to submit the 3000words written report required in this module.