Master of Positive Psychology in Counseling (60 credits)
- MPPC701 Introduction to Healthcare Management (6 credit)
- MPPC702 Mental Health at Work (6 credit)
- MPPC703 Stress, Anxiety and Health (6 credit)
- MPPC704 Introduction to Clinical Psychology (6 credit)
- MPPC705 Theory of Counseling and Psychotherapy (6 credit)
- MPPC706 Integration of Counseling Theories and Positive Psychology (6 credit)
- MPPC707 Testing and Assessment in Counseling Psychology (6 credit)
- MPPC708 Practical Counseling and Helping Skills (6 credit)
- MPPC711 Research Methodology (3 credits)
- MPPC712 Research Skills (3 credits)
- MPPC720 Thesis (6 credits)
- MPPC700 Practicum (200 hours)
Mode: Distance Learning
Duration: 1-2 Years
Upon finishing the 10 core modules, students will be progress to their second stage of the program, Research. Each student will be assigned a supervisor, after the research methodology sessions, students are required to keep contact with his supervisor while writing their thesis.
After finishing the program, students should be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities, ethic codes of counselors
- Understand how mental health problem related to employment
- Understand the definition of Positive Psychology and the integration of Positive Psychology and Counseling
- Demonstrate the relationship between health, anxiety and depression
- Understand the fundamentals of Clinical Psychology
- Understand the theory of Counseling
- Demonstrate the skills of giving help and counseling
- Identify the Testing and Assessment in Counseling Psychology
Exemptions by RPL
- Holders of Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent qualifications in this field , can directly enter the second stage; OR
- Applicants with more than 5 years industry experience, ideally with management experience, can be considered for exemptions of stage 1;
- Course works for 10 modules
- Thesis (minimum 15000 words)
- Practicum: 200 hours
- Bachelor Degree holders or equivalent qualifications related to Psychology and Counseling Topics; OR
- Bachelor Degree holders in other majors, having at least 3 years of industry experience.
* Applicants who do not meet the academic requirement but who possess sufficient professional experience in the industry may be admitted provisionally into the program.
* Please send your full resume and previous qualifications to us at email@example.com, applications are reviewed by our Academic Manager throughout the year.
Student may start the Practicum upon finishing the stage 1 study. The aim of this experience is to provide graduate students in Counseling with an opportunity to apply the professional knowledge they have gained in their previous study to a professional setting. In addition to participating in the daily operation of the site, students are required to return the evaluation form signed by the practicum site.
*We accept adult learners with industry experience to apply for the exemption of Practicum, by submitting one letter to state your experience, job description and recommendation by the organization.